Do you have an iRobot vacuum cleaner? If so, you’re in luck! iRobot has teamed up with Amazon to create a series of Alexa commands that will make your life a lot easier. With these commands, you can start, stop, or pause your vacuum cleaner, and even get it to clean specific rooms in your house. In this blog post, we will go over all of the Alexa iRobot commands that are available to you. So whether you’re just getting started with iRobot or are a longtime user, be sure to check out this post!
What can Alexa the Robot Do?
The robotic vacuum can take video calls, recognizing you and coming to find you when someone phones, and it comes with all of Alexa’s capabilities on wheels.
Customers don’t just want Alexa on wheels so we’ve embodied it with a unique persona that’s all its own,
says Dave Limp, head of Amazon’s devices and services.
How do You Connect Roomba to Alexa?
- To connect iRobot and Amazon, first open the iRobot Home App and create an iRobot account (if you don’t have one already).
- Once you have an iRobot account, sign in to your iRobot account within the iRobot Home App.
- Then, select “Add a Robot” from the dashboard menu and choose your robot model from the list that appears.
- From here, follow the on-screen instructions to complete connecting your iRobot and Amazon accounts.
- If you have more than one iRobot home robot, you can connect all of them to your Amazon account.
- If you have the Alexa app installed, When you click the link, your Amazon.com account will be verified, and the game will start up automatically. (If not, a browser will open and ask you to login into your Amazon account.)
What are the Alexa Commands?
After you have iRobot and Amazon accounts connected, you can start voice controlling your iRobot home robot using Alexa.
Alexa Basic Commands
Here is a list of Alexa Basic Commands:
- PAUSE / RESUME
- STOP AND SEND BACK TO CHARGING STATIOn
- LOCATE / STOP LOCATE
- STATUS i.e. “how much battery does it have left”.
Here are some examples of iRobot home robot basic commands you can give to Alexa:
- “Alexa, ask iRobot to start cleaning.”
- “Alexa, ask iRobot to stop cleaning.”
- “Alexa, ask iRobot to go back to the dock.”
- “Alexa, ask iRobot where it is.”
- “Alexa, ask iRobot how much battery it has left.”
Alexa Specific Commands
- SCHEDULE CLEANING TIMES
- CLEAN SPECIFIC ROOM OR AREA
- REPEAT LAST COMMAND
- CANCEL COMMAND / GO BACK
SCHEDULE CLEANING TIMES Alexa Command
You can schedule iRobot home robot to clean at a specific day and time, or you can set up a recurring cleaning schedule.
To schedule iRobot home robot to clean:
- “Alexa, ask iRobot to schedule a cleaning for Tuesday at noon.”
- “Alexa, ask iRobot to schedule a daily cleaning at eight in the morning.”
- To cancel iRobot home robot’s scheduled cleaning:
- “Alexa, ask iRobot to cancel the scheduled cleaning for Tuesday at noon.”
- “Alexa, ask iRobot to cancel the daily cleaning.”
CLEAN SPECIFIC ROOM OR AREA Alexa Commands
- iRobot home robot can be directed to clean a specific room or area in your home. iRobot home robot will clean until the job is done or it needs to return to its Home Base® to recharge, whichever comes first.
- “Alexa, ask iRobot to clean the kitchen.”
- “Alexa, ask iRobot to clean under the couch.”
- If you have more than one iRobot home robot connected to your Amazon account, you can specify which iRobot home robot you would like Alexa to control.
- “Alexa, ask iRobot [robot name] to clean the kitchen.”
- Replace [robot name] with the name of your
What is the Alexa Secret Code?
It’s a well-known cheat code that has been incorporated as an Easter egg in Alexa and Siri. The ‘Super Mode’ isn’t really useful, but rather it’s a whimsical homage to the classic video game cheat. As revealed on TikTok, the code is: “Alexa, Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right , B , A , Start.”
Is Alexa always Listening?
Alexa is programmed to wake up when it hears the ‘wake word’. The default wake word is ‘Alexa’, but you can change it to ‘Echo’, ‘Amazon’ or ‘Computer’. Once Alexa is awake, it starts streaming audio to the Amazon servers. So, technically, Alexa is always listening for the wake word. However, it only starts recording and transmitting audio after the wake word has been spoken.
To turn off voice recording:
- “Alexa, turn off.”
- “Alexa, go to sleep.”
- “Alexa, stop.”
You can also adjust your privacy settings in the Amazon Alexa app. From the main menu, select “Settings”. Then select “Alexa Privacy”. From here, you can view and delete your voice recordings, as well as change your wake word.
Let Alexa Work for You!
IRobot mission is to empower people to do more within their homes through intelligent robots and consumer products that make everyday life easier. iRobot products are available for purchase online through major retailers including Amazon, Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd., The Home Depot Canada Inc., Hudson’s Bay, etc.
Alexa iRobot commands are the key to a hands-free, stress-free home. With these iRobot commands, you can control your Roomba with just your voice. Whether you want to start, stop, or pause cleaning, or even just find out where your Roomba is, these Alexa iRobot commands have got you covered. So sit back, relax, and let Alexa do the work for you!